Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Visiting Sky Tower

As we were standing on the platform waiting for the train to arrive my hands were cold. My toes were numb I started to shiver so I put another jacket on. But it was raining intermittently. I started to feel excited. Damien said“The train is here". I heard  the train clickety clack as it arrived at the train station.

As we were travelling to the city I looked outside and I saw the Sky Tower towering above the clouds. When we got off the train I said “Look we're an underground train station” .” We already know” said Damien.

As we walked in Queen Street we saw the Sky Tower in the middle of some buildings. Arriving at it we saw sturdy concrete pillars that were massive.

When we got into the elevator some of us got butterflies. There was a glass panel in the floor. Looking down you could the cables inside the elevator shaft. 

The elevator stopped at  the top of the Sky Tower. All us got out and looked outside of the glass. “Holy” Wiremu said.“Look at those tiny people".

There was a display showing the countdown for someone to bungy jump of the Sky Tower. When the countdown went to zero we all saw the person zooming past after they finish the Sky Tower.

We all were tired and happy after our trip at was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment